The Youth justice community practice manual provides guidance for staff working in the community. It contains tasks and procedures that support young people and provide a safe work place.
The manual is divided into sections organised by theme, each section containing a number of chapters.
Each chapter has a number of procedures. There will be approximately 93 procedures in the manual over time.
Each procedure provides the following information:
- an introductory message
- when you should carry out the procedure
- what else you need to know about the procedure
- the practice context and legislation
- staff responsibilities – your role and specific responsibilities
- details of the procedure
- additional information containing related forms, practice guidelines, policy and legislation documents or links to relevant websites.
Each procedure has a similar layout however headings will only appear on the page if there is content beneath it to read. Click on a heading to open and view the content. Click on the heading again to hide the content again.
Ways to find information
- Use the menu on the left side of the page to navigate to a procedure.
- Click on a section or chapter heading and scroll through the procedures listed.
- Find the procedure using the Search box.
- Use the site map (link in the footer of each page) to view the entire site on one page.
To open two or more procedures simultaneously, right click on a procedure and select 'Open in new tab' or 'Open in new window'.
Getting help with the manual
As always, any questions you have about work practices or particular procedures should be directed to your line manager. You can also discuss concerns or ask questions as part of your professional supervision.
If you are having technical difficulties with this manual please contact Nicholas Antoine via email Nicholas.firstname.lastname@example.org .
We welcome your feedback on whether this manual is a useful tool – what works or doesn’t work for you or if you have ideas to improve it. Over time your comments will help us to develop and improve the manual.
Mobile device friendly
The manual has been designed to be used on mobile devices such as phone and tablet. Depending upon the browser used, at times the layout may take a few seconds to settle down. This is not a fault.